addToolVersion.sh

Frans de Boer frans@fransdb.nl
Wed Jan 2 17:11:00 GMT 2019

On 02-01-19 17:03, Josh Branning wrote:
> On 02/01/19 12:00, Frans de Boer wrote:
>> Dear Reader,
>>
>> I am using the git version of crosstool-NG and want to add a new
>> kernel. However, the above mentioned tool as well as the potential
>> replacement gen-versions.sh are nowhere to be found.
>>
>> I can add things manually in linux.in and in the new chksum file, but
>> that seems a bit awkward knowing that there have been (a) tool(s) for
>> this purpose.
>>
>> Suggestion?
>>
>> Regards, Frans.
>>

> Hi there, this is probably not the best way, but is how I did so for
> the linux-libre kernel;
>
> https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/pcr/crosstool-ng/ctng-libre.patch
>

> Josh

Well, if you have not yet compiled the software, then you only need to
add a directory with a chsum file for the wanted kernel software. Not
sure if this approach for linux-libre-* works too.
But having compiled the software and you want to patch (update) only,
you also have to add some lines to the linux.in file. The structure is
also given within the linux.in file.

So, it is fairly easy to make a script file for that. Making a script
for all others pieces of software might become a bigger hurdle to take,
but still doable.

Maybe I use/adapt the tool from the 1.23 release. Still wondering why it
was not (anymore) included in the git (master) repository.

-- Frans.