./configure --enable-local

William Main wm.main@gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 20:09:00 GMT 2018

Thank you, Geert and Alexey,
    The libtool problem is solved thanks to your help and process of
elimination and make file "no" was not an issue just a note as to which
version of make is loaded.

    The problem was a missing step in the ubuntu OS prep (I started
with a bare machine install).

sudo apt-get install libtool-bin

was required before things worked (it did take a while to figure out
the -bin part of the name)

Again, thanks for bearing with me on this one. It is the first time in
all my years I needed to use the mail list help.

Bill