Root filesystem

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy@gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 14:30:00 GMT 2017

On 30/11/17 08:13, Robert Bielik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New to the tool! I'm planning to use this for setting up a complete build toolchain for Raspberry Pi 3. This means building f.i. ALSA/GStreamer/LADSPA etc. etc. and installing them in the proper rootfs which will be packaged together with the toolchain.
>
> I suspect this is out of the scope of the ct-ng tool  ? Maybe someone has ideas or pointers on how to accomplish this ?
>
> Regards
> /Robert

Hi,

I once did something similar for the olinuxino lime A10.

I compiled uboot and a kernel and used an arch linux arm rootfs.

The scripts can be found as a tar.gz

They are probably out of date, but can be modified and can give a
skeleton for you to work with.

http://www.publicsite.org/J05HYYY/software_downloads/olinuxinolime-archlinux.tar.gz

I'm not quite sure about the bootloader in the pi however, whether or
not it can use uboot. The pi needs a blob to run IIRC.

You may also wish to look at https://github.com/RPi-Distro/Pi-gen which
creates the isos for raspbian from the pi foundation.

Josh