[RFC] Refactor autoconf options and build scripts

Jean-Marie Lemetayer jeanmarie.lemetayer@gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:21:00 GMT 2015

Folks,

To continue the Jasmin work about Travis-CI, I have copy paste the
Jasmin `.travis.yml` on my fork and add a script line to build all
samples this way:

    for SAMPLE in $(./ct-ng list-samples 2>/dev/null | sed -n
's/^\[...\] *\(.*\)$/\1/p'); do ./ct-ng $SAMPLE; ./ct-ng build; done

It seems to be working for now: https://travis-ci.org/jmlemetayer/crosstool-ng

But going further into the Travis-CI documentation I see that the
build timeouts after 50 minutes:
http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/customizing-the-build/#Build-Timeouts

So it seems not to be the good strategy as building all samples
serially will take more than 50 minutes. But we could run parallel
builds using matrix build:
http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/customizing-the-build/#Build-Matrix

The only difference is that we can't run build dynamically (using
`list-samples`) and we have to say which samples we want to build for
the continuous integration.

So, I think it could be a good thing to test / refresh the whole
samples and add them into the parallel integration builds when ready.

Regards,
JML