ld.bfd: cannot find crtbegin_so.o

Erik Leunissen elns@xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 28 20:27:00 GMT 2015

On 27/04/15 23:56, Bryan Hundven wrote:
> Erik,
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Erik Leunissen <elns@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On 27/04/15 23:19, Erik Leunissen wrote:
>>> /opt/toolchains/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-ahasystems-linux-gnueabihf/4.9.1/../../../../arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.bfd:
>>> cannot find crtbegin_so.o: No such file or directory
>>>

>> By the way: the following files do exist:
>>
>>   crtbegin.o crtbeginS.o crtbeginT.o
>
> crtbegin_so.o doesn't seem to be in this second list you provided.

Yes, it isn't there, and that's what ld.bfd considers an error.

> I'm not sure what that file is.

Well, it is required by ld.bfd, which is part of the toolchain as built
by me, using ct-ng.

I can see two cases:

1. ld.bfd is flawed because it ought not require the file crtbegin_so.o
2. ld.bfd is righteously requiring the file crtbegin_so.o, and that it
ought be included in the toolchain.

Although different in nature, both seem to me errors in the toolchain.

I myself am not familiar with toolchain intrinsics as C runtimes.
Because of that, it is well possible that there is a case 3. which I
fail to see.

That's why I am here reporting and seeking help/insight/direction to
find out what's wrong.

Sincerely,

Erik.