Building a backwards compatible toolchain.

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY@adtran.com
Tue Oct 14 21:57:00 GMT 2014

All,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyways.

Is it possible to build a toolchain that will run on machines with
kernels that are older (say, 2.6.18) using the existing ct-ng?

I have a way to do it through building a chroot, jumping into that, then
building ct-ng based upon that temporary toolchain but I'd rather not go
through that pain.

My problem is no standardization of the host machines, but the desire to
build the toolchain from an arbitrary host.

Thanks,
Andy