building a cross-native for arm

Mauro Condarelli mauro@mailgate.soft-in.com
Sun Oct 12 20:16:00 GMT 2014

I'm answering to myself to add a few comments.

0) cross-compiler seems to work ok (arm-mcon-linux-gnueabi) I am
"deploying" it merely doing a:
   ( cd /usr/local/bin ; ln -s
$HOME/x-tools/arm-mcon-linux-gnueabi/bin/* . )
   on my build machine.

1) I got to the end of cross-native toolchain compilation (disabling
GDB), but I'm unable to make it run on target board because of many
missing libs.

2) I tried using the "staging", but that doesn't fit well (IF I used it
correctly!) because many libs are pushed in the standard /lib &
/usr/lib, while I would like to have some sort of self-contained package
(probably to deploy it in /usr/local/arm-mcon-linux-gnueabi/... or
something similar).

What am I doing wrong?

TiA
Mauro