Help with crosstool-NG

Viktor Semykin thesame.ml@gmail.com
Tue May 27 20:17:00 GMT 2014

On 27/05/14 22:17, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> How did you manage to get kernel headers from 2.6.9?

CT_OBSOLETE + CT_KERNEL_LINUX_USE_CUSTOM_HEADERS +
CT_KERNEL_LINUX_CUSTOM_PATH

Another trick is 2.6.9 ARCH is "ppc" not "powerpc", but crosstool-ng
does good so far, I was afraid this would be an insurmountable obstacle.

> You disabled shared library support in uClibc. not sure how that plays
> with building gcc.
>
> I know Buildroot has an option to 'prefer' static libs, but IIRC, they
> still build a shared-enabled uClibc, and just use the static one. I'd
> have to check to be sure.
>
> Please test by enabling shared library support, and retest to see if it
> works that way.
>
> Note that if you realy, really want to build static-only, a lot of
> packages will fail to build without patching.

I'm now testing with static/shared related options, but seems that gcc
version matters too. I think 4.8.1 is too modern for uClibc, without
extra patches at least.

--
best, Viktor.