Potential bug in 1.19.0

Bryan Hundven bryanhundven@gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 03:19:00 GMT 2014

Danny, List,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Danny Gale
<Daniel.Gale@coloradoengineeringinc.com> wrote:
> My build is currently failing with "./config/rs6000/linux64.h: No such file
> or directory". The call generating this error is:
> build/gengtype                      -S
> /path/to/working/dir/src/gcc-4.7.2/gcc -I gtyp-input.list -w tmp-gtype.state
>
> Which is being called from the directory:
> /path/to/working/dir/powerpc64-e6500-linux-gnu/build/build-cc-core-pass-1/gcc/
>
> Looking at the file gtyp-input.list in that directory, all the other paths
> in that file are absolute paths, while the path to the "missing" file is
> relative. Why is this the case? Is this a bug in gcc or Crosstool-NG? How
> can it be fixed?
>
> The relative path should be relative to /path/to/working/dir/src/gcc-4.7.2/
> instead of
> /path/to/working/dir/powerpc64-e6500-linux-gnu/build/build-cc-core-pass-1/gcc/
>
> Thanks,
> Danny

Have you tried the same config with the latest checkout. Considering
that the 1.19.0 release was in October of 2013, I'd assume a release
is going to happen sometime soon. If the problem exists in the latest
checkout, it should get fixed by the next release.

-Bryan