Announcement: Moving to github

Andreas Bießmann andreas@biessmann.de
Tue Dec 9 10:54:00 GMT 2014

Dear Bryan,

On 2014-12-09 11:37, Bryan Hundven wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Andreas Bießmann <andreas@biessmann.de>
> wrote:
>> On 2014-12-06 04:10, Bryan Hundven wrote:
>>> # How is this transition going to work?
>>> I personally have two remotes in my local git clone of crosstool-ng.
>>> My origin is currently the new github repository, and I have another
>>> remote for the crosstool-ng.org repository.
>>>
>>> As we clear out patchworks, I will be applying those changes to
>>> crosstool-ng.org and then pushing those to github. As new pull
>>> requests come in from github, I will help work the pull requests into
>>> the github repository and push those changes to the crosstool-ng.org
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> When patchwork is empty and there are no more patches to be worked
>>> there, I will turn off patchwork and the crosstool-ng.org git
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> There might still be need for the server crosstool-ng.org is
>>> currently
>>> on, so that might stick around for a while.
>>

>> I'd appreciate the crosstool-ng.org repository could stay there, at
>> least as
>> a mirror for the one at github. Wouldn't it be possible to sync the
>> github
>> repo to the crosstool-ng.org one? Once patches are only integrated at
>> github
>> this will be a simple fast-forward for the crosstool-ng.org repo, a
>> single
>> oneliner could do that.
>
> Look at http://crosstool-ng.org/git/crosstool-ng and compare it with
> https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng and tell me if anything
> is out of sync.

I havn't sayed it is currently out-of-sync (and havn't checked it).

You say the crosstool-ng.org repository 'might stick around for a
while'. All I
say is: please let it there forever and keep it synced. If the github
repo is the master keeping the crosstool-ng.org repo in sync should be a
noop.

> I've been keeping them in sync, even after starting
> the github account.

No problem, please consider to not switch of the crosstool-ng.org repo
ever.

regards

Andreas