Announcement: Moving to github

Andreas Bießmann andreas@biessmann.de
Tue Dec 9 10:04:00 GMT 2014

resent due to spam message (ml + ml-owner)

Dear Bryan,

On 2014-12-06 04:10, Bryan Hundven wrote:
> Hello list,

> # How is this transition going to work?
> I personally have two remotes in my local git clone of crosstool-ng.
> My origin is currently the new github repository, and I have another
> remote for the crosstool-ng.org repository.
>
> As we clear out patchworks, I will be applying those changes to
> crosstool-ng.org and then pushing those to github. As new pull
> requests come in from github, I will help work the pull requests into
> the github repository and push those changes to the crosstool-ng.org
> repository.
>
> When patchwork is empty and there are no more patches to be worked
> there, I will turn off patchwork and the crosstool-ng.org git
> repository.
>
> There might still be need for the server crosstool-ng.org is currently
> on, so that might stick around for a while.

I'd appreciate the crosstool-ng.org repository could stay there, at
least as a mirror for the one at github. Wouldn't it be possible to sync
the github repo to the crosstool-ng.org one? Once patches are only
integrated at github this will be a simple fast-forward for the
crosstool-ng.org repo, a single oneliner could do that.

regards

Andreas Bießmann