Finding include directories in the sysroot

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@free.fr
Mon May 20 18:52:00 GMT 2013

Stephen, All,

On 2013-05-20 20:38 +0200, Stephen Kelly spake thusly:
> I have a rootfs which has Qt installed in /usr. So for example, qobject.h
> exists at /usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h.
>
> My rootfs is at ~/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs.
>
> I invoke
>
>  arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-4.7 --sysroot=/home/stephen/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs \
>   -I/usr/include/QtCore  -v -c myfile.cpp

>From the gcc manpage for -I :
    -I dir
        Add the directory dir to the list of directories to be searched
        for header files.  Directories named by -I are searched before
        the standard system include directories.  If the directory dir
        is a standard system include directory, the option is ignored
        to ensure that the default search order for system directories
        and the special treatment of system headers are not defeated.
        If dir begins with "=", then the "=" will be replaced by the
        sysroot prefix; see --sysroot and -isysroot.

So, absolute paths are just taken as-is. If you want it to be relative
to the sysroot, you have to prepend a '=' sign, as thus (untested):

  arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-4.7 --sysroot=/home/stephen/rpi/rasp-pi-rootfs \
   -I=/usr/include/QtCore  -v -c myfile.cpp

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.