building toolchain on MacOSX - error compiling eglibc

Nikolay nikolay.merkulov@gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:00:00 GMT 2013

Dear All,

Regarding an issue compiling eglibc 2.13 (and 2.15) while building
toolchain on MacOSX (referred in IRC with the following description -
"[ERROR] proto.h:61:14: error: expected declaration specifiers or
'...' before numeric constant" described in the haluk's post here
http://crosstool-ng.org/download/ibot-logs/2012-06-11.html#quick-09:26:57
=-) ). I have applied patches found here
(http://www.sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2011-12/msg00021.html; THANKS
Yann and Titus) and it worked!!! =-)

So now, as I expected =-), I am facing next yet not last probably error:
[ALL  ]    Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
[ALL  ]      "_libintl_gettext", referenced from:
[ALL  ]          _open_output in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _close_output in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _find_cpp in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _close_input in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _check_nettype in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _addarg in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          _putarg in cross-rpc_main.o
[ALL  ]          ...
[ALL  ]    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
[ALL  ]    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

MacOSX is MacOSX.

Best regards,
Nikolay