Help: cross compiler build fails: gcj broken tool chain

Michael Powell mwpowellhtx@gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 15:04:00 GMT 2013

Hello,

I am getting my tool chain issues in order, and have run smack dab
into a brick wall: broken gcj tool chain.

My dev environment is Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS, and I have just upgraded
the GCC to 4.7; both 4.4 (out of the box) and 4.7 are installed as a
matter of fact. This so that I can leverage more up to date C++11
language features. Hopefully 4.8 will be soon forthcoming to fill in
some important gaps.

I've gotten the ct-ng to build and have configured what I believe is
our cross compiler. Now I am trying to build it and running into the
(seems like) infamous GCJ dependencies issue. I try to sudo apt-get
install gcj and run into a labyrinthian task of sorting that mess out.

Any insights how to overcome the gcj dependency would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell