Newbie question - tmpnam error

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@free.fr
Mon Jan 28 22:43:00 GMT 2013

Kalai, All,

On Monday 28 January 2013 Kalai Narayanan-SSI wrote:
> Here is the .config. I have uploaded the build.log at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oyqp6sz3aswkw0/build.log
[--SNIP--]
> CT_EXTRA_LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD="-L/share/projects/IP/local_5.8/ct/arm-unknown
> -linux-uclibcgnueabi/.build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/buildtools/lib/"
> CT_EXTRA_LDFLAGS_FOR_HOST="-L/share/projects/IP/local_5.8/ct/arm-unknown-
> linux-uclibcgnueabi/.build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/buildtools/lib/"

Why did you set the LDFLAGS thus? It is not needed at all, and will
probably break the build is a way or another.

Leave that empty.

(BTW, how did you come to setting those variables to those exact values?)

[--SNIP-]
> CT_BUILD_PREFIX="arm-elf-"

What are you trying to achieve with that?
CT_BUILD_PREFIX tells ct-ng what to prepend to host tools (eg. the
native gcc, ar, ld...).

Leave that empty, too.

[--SNIP--]
> CT_CC_ENABLE_CXX_FLAGS="-fno-data-sections -fno-function-sections"

Hmm. I think that, as a starter, you should try starting with a known
working configuration, and change things one by one to your needs.

For example, start with the bundled arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi
sample (as I explained in my previous mail).

Once you have a working toolchain from that sample, change one thing at a
time and rebuild. That will give you a known-working starting point, and
you can see what change breaks the build.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.