Error when creating multilib-toolchain for x86_64 !

Daniel Price daniel.price@gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 21:26:00 GMT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM, yas <yashodhar.pareek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a multilib toolchain : x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. with
> following conf:-
>
> kernel_header - 2.6.33.20
> binutils           - 2.20.1a
> gcc                - 4.7.2 (with enabled "use system zlib" because without
> it i was facing some issues)
> glib version     - 2.11
> GMP - 4.3.2
> MPFR - 2.4.2
> PPL- 0.11
> CLooG/ppl version (0.15.10)
> MPC version (0.9)
> (I have tried with some of downgraded version of glib and gcc also)
>
> Problem part : When i build it, It stops with a major error :-
>  [ERROR]      nptl/sysdeps/x86_64/tls.h:85:3: error: #error "TLS support is
> required."

I'm having the same problem.  I'm targetting a 64-bit x86 platform, but
(AFAICT) also need 32-bit support to be able to build grub.  Should we have any
expectation that this will work?

Thanks,

       -dp

--