Error building toolchain for ARM cortex A8

Michael Eager eager@eagerm.com
Wed Mar 14 18:11:00 GMT 2012

On 03/05/2012 01:47 PM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Eric, All,
>
> Which looks pretty obvious: hard-float are not possible for VFP. Although
> this is theorically possible, gcc-4.4 (and all other versions, AFAIK) do
> not support building hard-float for VFP.
>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Build with soft-float.

I ran into this problem as well.   There ought to be a configuration
option which selects the ARM processor version and passes the correct
options to gcc configure so that the default options do create a
broken tool chain.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077