Problems building glibc-2.5 for x86 with crosstool-ng

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@free.fr
Mon Jun 18 21:28:00 GMT 2012

Mirko, All,

On Sunday 17 June 2012 17:41:50 Mirko Banchi wrote:
> > In glibc mailing list
> > adviced me crosstool-ng that shoud help.

Hmmm. Nice to see the glibc folks suggesting crosstool-NG. :-)

> > However i'd like to build a toolchain with the following conf:
> > gcc 4.1.2
> > glibc 2.5 (with nptl)
> > binutils 2.19.1a.
[--SNIP--]
> > Seems that there are some problems with make rules...that file
> > (thread_spin_trylock.c) doesn't exist...
[--SNIP--]
> I fixed the problem setting CT_ARCH_CPU and CT_ARCH_TUNE to i686.

Yes, this is the proper 'fix'. The default processor for ix86 is i386, which
lacks required instructions to implement NPTL. So, NPTJ requires at least a
i486. If your processor is a i686, then your fix is correct; if it is "only"
a i586 or a i486, then you'll have to use the proper setting, though.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.