Building 32-bit ARM toolchain on 64-bit host

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli@gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:34:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 31 July 2012 12:07:01 Peter Barada wrote:
> I dunno if this is possible out of the box, but can I (easily) build (on
> a x86-64) an ARM toolchain that will run on a 32-bit x86 linux machine?
> I'm sure this is getting close to a canadian-cross, but it should be
> doable w/o since the 32-bit toolchain can run on the 64-bit host
> building it...

Technically, yes this is a canadian toolchain setup. Since you are building on
a 64-bits host, the easiest way to go through might be to install a 32-bits
chroot. Depending on your distribution (with deb-based its easy to use
debootstrap) you just need to do the following: sudo linux32 chroot
/path/to/chroot /path/to/shell and there you go.