How to build ARM hardfp/NEON toolchain with crosstool-ng

Peter Barada peter.barada@logicpd.com
Mon Jul 30 21:31:00 GMT 2012

I'm trying to target a Cortex-a8, and want to build a single toolchain
that can be used to build both hardfp as well as NEON executables (I
don't believe I'll ever want to mix those two variants within the same
program).

If I understand correctly, hard float for VFP3 requires
"-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv3" and NEON requires "-mfloat-abi=softfp
-mfpu=neon".

Is there a way to configure crosstool-ng to build a cortex-a8 multib
toolchain for those configurations to run on a linux-3.0 based system?

--
Peter Barada
peter.barada@logicpd.com