kernel - not exportable for arm

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@free.fr
Mon Jul 23 18:29:00 GMT 2012

Adriano, All,

On Monday 23 July 2012 16:06:36 Adriano Cavalcanti wrote:
> # make ARCH=arm headers_check
>   CHK     include/linux/version.h
> Makefile:1066: *** Headers not exportable for the arm architecture.  Stop.
>
> Some suggestion? All comments and suggestions are highly welcome.

Yes, your distro probably only installs the headers for your architecture.
You need a _complete_ Linux kernel source tree to be able to export headers
for any arch.

Alternatively, I would suggest that, before you try to manually build a
cross-toolchain, that you try an auto-builder, such as crosstool-NG, which
automates the complete build, applying whatever tweaks/tricks/workarounds
needed ( http://crosstool-ng.org/ ).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.