Updating from 1.12 to 1.16: semantics of "linux custom path" changed?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards@gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:23:00 GMT 2012

On 2012-08-14, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have the semantics of the linux custom kernel path changed between
> 1.12 and 1.16?  The path I used to use no longer works.
>
> CT_KERNEL_LINUX_CUSTOM_TARBALL used to be relative to the top-level
> crosstool-ng-<ver> directory.
>
> Now the variable is CT_KERNEL_LINUX_CUSTOM_LOCATION and I can't figure
> out where it's relative to.  If I put in a path relative to the
> top-level build directory, it fails late in the build process because
> it expects the path to be relative to targets/tarballs.  If I use a
> path relative to that directory, then it fails earlier in the process.

Doh!  Never mind.

It looks like using a path relative to
crosstool-ng-<ver>/targets/tarballs is right -- one of the failures I
was seeing was due to a corrupted kernel tarball file.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I'm IMAGINING a
                                  at               sensuous GIRAFFE, CAVORTING