GDB Python support

Bryce Schober bryce.schober@gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:30:00 GMT 2011

So I've burned several calories on this, and basically haven't gotten
anywhere. Apparently, GDB's python "integration" doesn't like the
lib/include layout on Ubuntu (don't most do it that way?), so it can't
handle my pre-existing python without some patching that I wouldn't
want to get into. I did run the Linux build from
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/QtCreatorBuildGdb successfully. I
was hoping that I'd be able to figure out how to adapt the necessary
bits of what they're doing into crosstool for a cross toolchain, but I
fear I'm not qualified. And FWIW, it looks like actually building
python is pretty trivial, and probably wouldn't be that huge a deal to
do in crosstool itself.

Bryce Schober