Can not build flat shared library.

Gary Altenberg gary@altenberg.com
Mon Mar 14 21:52:00 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am attempting to build a tool chain for an ARM (no mmu arm7tdmi) to
build applications for a uClinux board. I read that I should use a
shared library so I set my "Target File Format" in uClibc to Shared
FLAT. It says in the help for Shared FLAT to "Pick this one if you are
using uClinux and wish to build uClibc as a flat-format shared library".
Are there options in gcc to pick this also? I didn't see any.

As you can see from my config file I am attempting to use:
Binutils: 2.19.1
gcc: 4.3.1
uClibc: 0.9.30.3

I get this error when the library starts compiling:

[ERROR]    cc1: error: unrecognized command line option
"-mid-shared-library"
[ERROR]    cc1: error: unrecognized command line option
"-mid-shared-library"

I looked around and it seems you can not use -mid-shared-library if you
are using GCC for arm7tdmi. So what can I do to build this? Or should I
use different versions of something?

Thank you,
Gary