First time user - basic question

Jim Norton jimnorton@jimnorton.org
Sun Mar 13 21:53:00 GMT 2011

Hello,

I've googled around and I'm still a bit unsure about how to use my
cross-chain tool when it's done being built.

I'm in the process of running ct-ng build. When that is finished, what
are the steps to actually compile a project?

I read the docs/5 using.txt file. It is really as simple as adding the
cross compiler bin directory to the path and then setting
CROSS_COMPILE env variable?

When those two things are done do I simply invoke gcc or cc as normal
and/or use makefiles as normal? And is it the CROSS_COMPILE env
variable that tells gcc/cc what compiler to actually use?

Sorry if this seems really basic....

Thank you,
Jim