Mips 32r2 big-endian toolchain

Bryan Hundven bryanhundven@gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:46:00 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM, ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY@adtran.com> wrote:
> Anyone built one yet?  There appears to be things missing from the build
> process.  For example, the gcc switch -EB is not included in the build.
> Easy to fix, but how does one pass in options to make [x]gcc use -EB by
> default?  Currently, I have the crt1.o and other libc-startfiles
> building as big-endian.  Gcc, however, and I are fighting.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Andy,

I started to look at this a week or so back while I was trying to
build an octeon toolchain. I found that there seems to be an issue
with how ct-ng handles tuples for mips, but I didn't have enough time
to fully debug/figure it out.

The problem is somewhere in here:
http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/hg/crosstool-ng/file/f4e5daf96796/scripts/build/arch/mips.sh