i686-apple-darwin10 to i386-pc-linux-gnu, ld invoked with gnu options

Titus von Boxberg titus@v9g.de
Sun Jun 26 13:59:00 GMT 2011

Am 26.06.2011 um 15:34 schrieb Yann E. MORIN:

> The idea is to be able to move the toolchain from one host to another
> without too much hassles...
>
> While the C library is pretty standard and backward-compatible, the
> libstdc++ is very tightly coupled to the compiler.
I think that this might be a problem specific to Linux-Distros + gcc
because libstdc++ - as you said - is locked into gcc and the Linux Distros
do not see or do not want to solve this problem.

Presumably, gcc's and libstdc++'s days will quite soon be over on MacOS,
so there won't be a newer libstdc++ that could raise DLL hell.

Would you accept a change that prevents static linking on Mac?

Regards
Titus