What lib am I missing to make GDB shut up?

Khem Raj raj.khem@gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:22:00 GMT 2011

On 07/19/2011 08:39 AM, ANDY KENNEDY wrote:
> All,
>
> The error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/opt/toolchains/mips/mips/mips-linux-gnu/sysroot/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.15-gdb.py", line 59, in<module>
>      from libstdcxx.v6.printers import register_libstdcxx_printers
> ImportError: No module named libstdcxx.v6.printers
> Stopped due to shared library event
>

> I've looked around and found that this has something to do with the
> Python "pretty print" libraries.  Now, granted, I'm working off a
> (relatively) very old CrossTool-NG, however, I'm not above updating
> if that is the fix.
>
> Any ideas why I'm getting such an error?

cd $HOME
svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/libstdc++-v3/python

in .gdbinit add the path to it

python
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, '~/python')
from libstdcxx.v6.printers import register_libstdcxx_printers
register_libstdcxx_printers (None)
end

Does that help