SUCCESS!!!! Update: Still with Build failure for PPC405 using crosstool-ng-1.9.2

Chris Kerios ckerios@cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 01:08:00 GMT 2011

On 01/20/2011 06:53 PM, Bryan Hundven wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Chris Kerios<ckerios@cfl.rr.com>  wrote:

SUCCESS!

After putting in the compiler config parameter Bryan sent, it went all
the way through.  Yea!  Let me summarize all the changes I/we went
through to get this to work.

Build Host: x86/Fedora 14
1) Used make 3.81 instead of distribution version 3.82
2) Applied CLoog/ppl patch referenced in earlier emails
3) Installed static libstdc++ lib, also had libc static already
installed previously
4) Set library for eglibc instead of glibc <- don't know if it makes a
difference, will have to run some more builds to see.
5) Set CT_LIBC_GLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS="-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"
6) Current versions of everything: gcc=4.4.4, binutils=2.19.1,
eglic=2.10 everything else set to defaults
7) Didn't ask for Java or Fortran to be built

Seems to me the real issues to be fixed are the make problem and maybe
some default setting changes or documentation updates in regards to #3
and #5...and making sure to CLoog/ppl patch makes it into the next release.

Wow...doesn't sound like very much change but it definitely affected
everything.  I am going to try a build for gcc 4.5.1 and binutils 2.20.
After that I am all set and will move on to the other parts of this
effort/project...u-boot, kernel, root filesystem and application
development.  Let me know if you all need me to attempt a build of
something else.  Or if there is anything else you need me to do.  I will
be happy to help.  Part of my learning.  I have enclosed a copy of my
build.log if anyone is interested.

Again, thanks to Bryan and Khem for all their help.

Regards,
Chris