Patch for compiling glibc with make 3.82

venetis@mail.capsl.udel.edu venetis@mail.capsl.udel.edu
Sat Jan 15 09:57:00 GMT 2011

Hello everyone,

The attached patch is required to compile glibc-2.10.1 when using make
3.82. Maybe it is also needed to compile other versions of glibc with make
3.82, but I haven't tried. The patch was found here:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=248616

It allows building of the following toolchain for
alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu with make 3.82:

linux-2.6.37
binutils-2.21
gcc-4.3.5
glibc-2.10.1
gmp-5.0.1
mpfr-3.0.0

The web site for crosstool-ng mentions that gcc-4.4.2 has been
successfully compiled for this architecture, but I haven't tried it with
the above combination.

Ioannis E. Venetis