CLOOG/ppl failure in ct-ng 1.9.0

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Thu Jan 13 22:17:00 GMT 2011

Bryan, All,

On Wednesday 12 January 2011 11:35:35 Bryan Hundven wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:14 AM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
[--SNIP--]
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/cloog-ppl.git -- the cloog-ppl repository
> > (originally a port of cloog to the parma polyhedra library) hasn't had
> > an update since late August of 2010. But PPL is still very busy...
> >
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/cloog.git -- which was the original cloog tree has
> > released 0.16.1 4 days ago, and PolyLib
> > (http://icps.u-strasbg.fr/polylib/) has been gpl3 since January of
> > 2010.
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Graphite/Merge_CLooG_PPL_back_to_CLooG
> >
> > I wonder if newer toolchains should use Cloog+PolyLib_or_PPL instead
> > of Cloog-PPL+PPL, and if it is tested? If this is true, then please
> > remove 0.15.10.
>
> I misspoke. It would be: ClooG+PPL instead of ClooG-PPL+PPL

I'm not sure I follow you on this, but:
- the CLooG team is now officially releasing a PPL-based version of CLooG
- the official PPL-based CLooG released is now named cloog-parma, instead
  of cloog-ppl
- gcc 4.4 and 4.5 do require PPL + CLooG/PPL (when GRAPHITE is enabled)
- gcc 4.6 still references PPL + CLooG/PPL (when GRAPHITE is enabled)
- all three gcc versions document CLooG/PPL 0.15

So I believe this is not yet time to switch to anything else. Just merely
changing the tarball we download if we bump the CLooG/PPL version! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.