[CT-NG] WIP - status

Bryan Hundven bryanhundven@gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 04:11:00 GMT 2011

Yann,

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> On Wednesday 22 December 2010 23:59:49 Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> [--SNIP--]
>> TL;DR:
>> - canadian cross overhaul:
>>   - need only for existing build->target cross-toolchain
>>   - build the rest
>> - companion libraries;
>>   - build our own, or rely entirely on up-to-date distros
>> - C library:
>>   - simpler process, less steps
>>   - reunite glibc and eglibc
>> - testing tree will be pushed shortly
>
> OK, here are the test trees (in addition to the already posted gold tree):
> - canadian cross:
>    hg qclone http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/hg/crosstool-ng/ct-ng.canadian/
> - companion libraries:
>    hg qclone http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/hg/crosstool-ng/ct-ng.complibs/
> - C library:
>    hg qclone http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/hg/crosstool-ng/ct-ng.libc-unite/

Thanks for posting these. I actually spent time relaxing this weekend,
so I didn't have time to test canadian or complibs...

WRT libc-unite, libc-glibc-remove-2.3.6 is broken after my libc hidden
version name normalisation. Just need to update the patch to use
LIBC_GLIBC_V_...

> Please notice that to get the repos _with_ the MQ, one needs to use 'qclone'
> instead of 'clone'.
>
> Then you can look at the patch series. If you want to update the MQ:
>  hg pop -a

hg qpop -a

>  hg pull --mq -u
>  hg qpush -a
>
> You may also need to update the main clone as well in the process:
>  hg qpop -a
>  hg pull -u
>  hg pull --mq -u
>  hg qpush -a
>
> Note that this is the first time I'm working with MQ in a repository, so
> bear with me. ;-)

Here soon, I hope to stop functional changes and bug fixes and try to
focus on documentation a bit more.

Having MQ documented and some other things I've learned on my
crosstool-ng journey documented would be helpful. As well as updating
the rest.

Maybe we could even update the wiki! ;-)

> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.
>
> --
> |  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
> | +33 662 376 056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
> | +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
> | http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
>
> --

Hope you had a good holiday,