crosstool: issues compiling glibxc: as and ld missing or too old

Julian julian@tuxoid.net
Thu Aug 25 18:42:00 GMT 2011

Hello,

thank you very much! crosstool-ng looks very useful and I tried to build
a toolchain for my powerpc. It seems to work so far.
But I'm not sure about the usage. What does the directories and binaries
in x-tool mean?

x-tool/powerpc-unkown-elf/bin/powerpc-unknown-elf-gcc
x-tool/powerpc-unkown-elf/bin/powerpc-unknown-elf-gcc-4.4.5
x-tool/powerpc-unkown-elf/powerpc-unknown-elf/bin/gcc

Which one should I use?
Are some settings missing? because I get an error compiling stuff:
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory

I'm sorry for this stupid newbie questions, this is the first time I'm
building my own toolchain...
Just wanna compile some simple stuff for powerpc :-)

Regards
  Julian