compiling ltrace on macos / was Re: gdb problem

Titus von Boxberg titus@v9g.de
Sun Aug 21 15:49:00 GMT 2011

Am 19.08.2011 um 20:58 schrieb Guylhem Aznar:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 03:09, Titus von Boxberg <titus@v9g.de> wrote:
>> Guylhem, mind to send me again your most current .config.
>> I'd give it a try on the weekend.
>
> Here is one which work with the uclibc find fixes, and which I am
Guylhem, Yann,

with the recent patch series I'm able to build your mips config
with the following changes:
- did not have your files: linux kernel tarball, uclibc config file, so:
  - used the uClibc-0.9.30 config file from samples directory
  - used CT_KERNEL_V_2_6_35_14
- enabled gdb6.8 with static gdbserver

> CT_LTRACE_V_0_5_3 has been disabled due to make not finding a file
> called "Darwin"
I tried to compile ltrace. It suffers from
- configuring HOST_OS to be "Darwin".
- archive index (ranlib) missing in libltrace.a
- archive index (ranlib) missing in sys-root/usr/lib/libelf.a
- missing index(3) during linking of ltrace:
  read_config_file.c:86: undefined reference to `index'.

The first three would be fairly simple to correct.
As a uclibc-agnostic, the last one is beyond my imagination.
Any hints?

Regards
Titus