crosstool-NG: 1.10.1 is out, and news!

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Fri Apr 8 19:38:00 GMT 2011

Hello all!

In this letter:
 - a new release
 - scheduled down time
 - a new home
 - a new support channel

*** A new release

I am pleased to announce the release of crostool-NG 1.10.1!
This is the first bug-fix release for the 1.10 series, and will probably
be the only one, as the next stable release is due by the end of April.

Changelog: http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/download/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng-1.10.1.changelog
Tarball:   http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/download/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng-1.10.1.tar.bz2
Patches:   http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/download/crosstool-ng/01-fixes/1.10.1/

It is the first point-release annoucement I made so far, but there is a bit
of information below that you will most probably find usefull.

*** Scheduled down-time

There will be a power outage in my vincinity, next Friday, April the 15th
2011, for the whole day (heavy electric works for the whole area). This
means the server will not be reachable from 0700+0200 until 1900+0200 that
day.

*** A new home

But rejoice! :-)

For I am also pleased to announce the new home for the crosstool-NG project!
Head to the nice-and-shiny-albeit-a-little-bit-empty-for-now totally new
site:
    http://crosstool-ng.org/

The Wiki is still pretty much empty, save for a crude front-page. The
content of the old Wiki will progressively be moved to the new site. I'll
soon set up the Wiki structure, then I can create accounts for anyone
interested in helping transitionning the content to the new Wiki.

The other ressources are already set up and available:

 - downloads are there : http://crosstool-ng.org/download/crosstool-ng
 - Mercurial repository: http://crosstool-ng.org/hg/crosstool-ng
 - presentations       : http://crosstool-ng.org/publis/

I would suggest that you use this from now-on, as I'll be phasing out the
old site as soon as the Wiki has migrated, but not before the next series
is out.

This hosting has been made possible thanks to the very nice guys at OSUOSL
who provide the VM and bandwidth for free. So, if you have a few spare
bucks, you sure can help them:
    http://osuosl.org/

Big thanks to them! It's a tough job they are doing! :-)

*** A new support channel

It's been up for some time now, and some of you are already lurking in
there! The IRC channel #crosstool-ng at Freenode is no open!

It will nicely complement the mailing list for easy issues that can
be quickly resolved on IRC, while more complex issues will still be
discussed on the list.

Thanks to al` for registering the channel, and making it available to us!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.