error about build toolchain with crosstool-ng-1.8.0

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@orange.fr
Wed Sep 15 18:01:00 GMT 2010

Loody, All,

On Wednesday 15 September 2010 19:19:34 loody wrote:
> >build.log.mipsel.uC30.1:
> >>I guess your uClibc configuration is missing UCLIBC_HAS_FLOATS.
> the toolchain is successfully compiled but failed at libelf compiling.
> attach the log

Do. Not. Do. That. Again. Ever.

There are people on the list that do *not* have broadband, and will suffer
like in hell just to get a message they are not even remotely interested
in. If you need to send such a huge file again, please put it on a website
and just put the pointer in the mail.

> BTW, I have some questions:
> 1. from http://freshmeat.net/projects/crosstool-ng/, it says 1.8.0 can
> build uclibc+nptl, but I cannot see this option. (please see the
> attach pic)

It's hidden behind the EXPERIMENTAL, and it requires using daily snapshots
of uClibc (as no release with NPTL has been made yet).

> 2. i saw there are some test sample files in uclibc/test, and it seem
> crossng will not compile it and we have to compile them by ourself.

You mean you want to run the uClibc test-suite?
So, no, crosstool-NG (not crossng, btw) does not yet have support for that.
Doing so would require a complex setup (eg. a real board, with an account
with valid pre-exchanged ssh keys, etc...), so it's beyond the scope of
crosstool-NG.

What crosstool-NG can do, is install the test-suite along-side the toolchain
so you can easily run it. That's what is currently done for gcc. Then it is
up to you to prepare the proper setup and run the test-suite.

> 3. I can get x86 with uclibc which crossng made for me, and I use it
> to compile some simple program. But how can I activate the new dynamic
> loader instead of the default one for testing the toolchain?

What do you mean by "the new dynamic linker"? Are you referring to gold?
It's not supported.

gold is currently limited to x86 (AFAIK), so it'd require a kludge to offer
the option only for x86. That's doable, but I did not have the time to look
at it. You're welcome to provide a patch, of course! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.