fenv.h not found?

Bryan Hundven bryanhundven@gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:49:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll try to have a look to the GCC default behavior. CT-ng's "I know
> more than everybody else what should be done" looks definitively "odd"
> [to stay polite].

Indeed. I am confused about what gcc's default behavior should be as well.

> A.
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Anthony Foiani
> <anthony.foiani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings, Bryan --
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I got the same problem after rebuilding. This is related to the "c++
>>> includes not getting searched for correctly?" thread.
>>
>> It might be related to it, but as I pointed out, I can't compile that
>> as a regular C program, either.  So it's not just C++ includes.  Maybe
>> we should start calling it the "GCC includes problem?"  :)
>>
>>> As Arnaud has said, the "--with-gxx-include-dir" option is not correct
>>> and does not solve the problem.
>>>
>>> As I have mentioned, I think that creating and removing the
>>> ${CT_SYSROOT_DIR}/include symlink is also wrong and suggestive that we
>>> are forced to create this because we are making a mistake somewhere
>>> else (binutils? gcc_static/shared_core? libc-startfiles?) and we
>>> should fix that problem first. I believe that if we can solve that
>>> problem, the c++ headers issue will go away.
>>
>> Given that someone (Arnaud?) already traced through the build log and
>> saw the eglibc "fenv.h" get overwritten by the GCC version, it seems
>> most likely to be somewhere in the GCC portion of things, presumably
>> when the final compiler is installed.
>>
>> I know I got confused when I was looking at the issue before: he's
>> correct that the host include files need not (and, arguably, should
>> not) be present in the target sys-root, but I know we do need to have
>> the host libraries (libgcc, libstdc++) in the target sys-root.

So the ${CT_PREFIX_DIR}/${CT_TARGET}/include is created by the final
g++, and we want these headers in the sysroot?

The host include files are the ones installed by the "host"
gcc_core_{static,shared} toolchains, right?

>>> I will focus on this issue today, and will have some updates later.
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this.  I'll continue to poke at it as well.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tony

Thank you,

-Bryan