Java Compiler Build Failure

matti kaasinen matti.kaasinen@gmail.com
Wed May 26 21:17:00 GMT 2010

Doug, Yann, All,

Doug, you have same Ubuntu installation as me. Default gcj
installation with Ubuntu 9.10 comes with broken gjar (it does not work
with that M option). That is why you needed that patch. I replaced
gjar-4.4 with gjar-4.3, that had workin M option, other parts were
coming from the default gcj installation (4.4.1). Both ways help with
that jar command crash. Unfortunately my build still stops at that

i486-build_pc-linux-gnu-gcj -o ecjx -findirect-dispatch
--main=org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.GCCMain
/opt/crosstool/targets/src/gcc-4.3.2/libjava/../ecj.jar

line. I tried using 900MB and 1 GB ram.

I suppose that 1.4GB might be too much for my VirtualBox on 1.8GB
laptop. Well, I'll try it overnight, but most likely it requires
proper Linux installation.

-Matti

-Matti