Java Compiler Build Failure

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Wed May 26 15:28:00 GMT 2010

Doug, All,

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 010529 Doug Kehn wrote:
> > I just tested on my machine, an x86_64 Debian Lenny. The
> > maximum memroy
> > used by a complete crostool-NG build with Java enabled
> > was:
> >   VSZ ~= 535MiB
> >   RSS ~= 335MiB

Well, my computations were wrong. Make that:
  VSZ = 1425788KiB ~= 1420MiB ~= 1.4GiB
  RSS = 1257328KiB ~= 1250MiB ~= 1.2GiB

This is the _maximum_ values!

> Just curious ... did the gcc-4.4.3 java compiler build for you out-of-box
> or did you need to apply the patch I posted?

No I did not apply this patch. Only pristine crosstool-NG, using the latest
from the repository.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |