EABI support

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Tue Mar 30 17:07:00 GMT 2010

Sasha, All,

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 18:53:58 Sasha Sirotkin wrote:
> Actually, I started with EABI and ran into a problem of /sbin/init
> segmentation fault.

Oh, so this is related to your issue on the buildroot ML... OK.

> I had no idea how to approach this issue so I
> thought that OABI might work. I guess I should get back to debugging the
> original issue.

Well, OABI stands for Old ABI, whereas EABI stands for Embedded ABI.
OABI is now considered dep[reacted, and EABI is now considered standard.

See the following for some insight of why it is important to switch and
stick with EABI nowadays:
  http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/Why-ARMs-EABI-matters/
  http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

> Will send you the build log anyway.

OK, got it, wil ltry to reproduce latter tonight.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.