*** SPAM ***Compiling i386-unknown-linux-gnu with crosstool-ng fails

wino wino@piments.com
Sun Mar 21 08:45:00 GMT 2010

On 03/15/10 21:58, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Richard, All,
>
> On Monday 15 March 2010 21:51:48 richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
>> This is my very first experience with crosstool-ng (v1.6.1).
>> Unfortunately it fails to build a i386-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain.
>> I'm using the default configuration: target arch: x86, target os:
>> linux, c library: eglibc 2_10, compiler: gcc 4.4.3.
>
> i386 is missing instructions to properly (and efficiently, I guess) support
> NPTL.
>
> Are you sure you are building for an i386? Or is it a newer processor, such
> as a i486 or a Pentium (i586), or even newer?
>
> If you are indeed using an i386, then you are stuck with using an old
> glibc which has support for linux-threads.
>
> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.

Yann, all.

Just a note, it would be useful to edit out the incorrect insertion of
*** SPAM *** from subject before replying since this prevents message
threading by email clients. (Different subject)

This seems to come from over zealous spam filters that assume that if
there is more than on email in the space of ten minutes with the same
title is must be spam.

It's also confusing when manually clearing spam since we need to notice
the sender or some other indication that it is not infact spam.

thanks to all.