Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher

Jeff Andre embedded.dev@gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:21:00 GMT 2010

Ralph,

I'm fairly certain it's an issue in the PPL libraries 'configure'
script that sets up the cross compiling.

I'm building the same compiler twice, one to the Linux developers and
the same compiler as a Canadian-cross with a mingw host for the
Windows types; the Linux version builds fine every time.

When I look at the 'config.log' for the mingw version the CPPFLAGS,
LIBGMP and LIBGMPXX variables are not set; for the native compiler
every variable is set correctly.  Tried to follow the logic in
'configure' with respect to the 'cross_compiling' variable but it's
not obvious as to what's happening,

I really need the PPL working because we'll be living with this
compiler for a number of years and I'd like to be using 4.4.3 for the
duration.

Going to continue to flog this on Monday.

Thanks,

Jeff