Crosstool hg default 'Unhandled host OS GNU/Linux' errors after unsuccessful build

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Mon Jun 14 20:38:00 GMT 2010

Chris, All,

On Monday 14 June 2010 22:25:54 Chris Morgan wrote:
> As a part of testing changes to try to fix the libstdc++ issue I
> pulled the default branch with hg an configured an arm baremetal c++
> toolchain. I believe I have the latest version, I issued hg pull and
> hg update today before testing and there are no local changes.

> During the build mpc failed to install:
>
> [INFO ]  =================================================================
> [INFO ]  Installing CLooG/ppl
> [INFO ]  Installing CLooG/ppl: done in 8.23s (at 11:15)
> [INFO ]  =================================================================
> [INFO ]  Installing MPC
> [ERROR]    /home/cmorgan/crosstool-ng/targets/src/mpc-0.8.1/src/acos.c:192:
> error: 'GMP_RNDA' undeclared (first use in this function)

You are using the latest 3.0.0 MPFR. MPC does not (yet) build with
mpfr-3, and I lack time to apply a proper patch. Revert back to using:
 - gmp-4.3.2
 - mpfr-2.4.2

until this is resolved...

> And even more oddly when I attempt to re-run ct-ng:
> cmorgan@cmorgan-laptop:~/crosstool-ng$ ./ct-ng build
> [INFO ]  Performing some trivial sanity checks
> [INFO ]  Build started 20100614.162359
> [INFO ]  Building environment variables
> [ERROR]  Unhandled host OS GNU/Linux
> [00:00] / make: *** [build] Error 1
> cmorgan@cmorgan-laptop:~/crosstool-ng$

Oh, that's odd... :-( No clue, fisrt time ever I see that... :-(

Anyway, I have a pending set of patches here that allows building C++
baremetal toolchain with libstdc++. Will push later tongiht after I've
made some testing...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.