Patch to allow creation of headers from custom kernel source

Andy Gibbs andyg1001@hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 13:33:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

Following on from my previous question, I have hacked (rather badly,
probably) an extra option into crosstool-ng to allow the use of a custom
Linux archive file which contains the whole source rather than just the
headers.  The extra setting allows the user to set whether the archive *is*
the whole source or not, and then the build scripts will then create the
headers from this as appropriate.

I've attached the patch file in case this is of interest.  Hopefully it is
fairly easy to follow (I've mainly just copied bits from elsewhere).  I'm
afraid its probably not the best quality however, since I'm not so sure
about how the menuconfig system works.  I've tested it here, and it works
fine for me.  The same source archive can now be used both for crosstool
*and* buildroot, which was my aim.

Cheers
Andy