crosstool-NG build

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Sat Feb 27 20:42:00 GMT 2010

Hello Evgeny, All,

Questions should be directed to the crossgcc mailing list:
http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/

On Saturday 27 February 2010 20:48:40 Evgeny Tarasov wrote:
> I use CYGWN as build host.
> But by the moment I start building (ct-ng build) i got the message
> about my file system is *not* case-sensitive :) (well it is so... In
> think)
> What to do in case of  Cygwin running at usual win32 xp host?

It depends on what version of Cygwin you are using.

If you are using the recently released 1.7 series, then you should look at:
  http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.case-sensitive

If you are using an older version (most proabaly the 1.5 series), you
should read:
  http://cygwin.com/1.5/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.case-sensitive
  http://cygwin.com/win-9x.html

> Is cygwin really host's supported machine in 1.6 ng version ?

There has been quite a few people confirming crosstool-NG to work under
Cygwin. I once was forced to use a Windows machine, and was able to see
crosstool-NG work under Cygwin (before 1.7, though). It appears to be
working, but there are a few gotchas:
  http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/projects/crosstool#cygwin_as_host

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.