ct-ng build problem

Enrico Weigelt weigelt@metux.de
Thu Feb 25 18:56:00 GMT 2010

* Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Chao, All,
>
> On Friday 19 February 2010 19:54:41 Chao You wrote:
> > Is there a way to add GTK+ to the cross compiler? There is a blog
> > talking about using Java/gtk. But when I built the with Java option, I
> > had the following error. Is there anyway I can fix it, or is there a
> > way to add gtk?
>
> There is no reason to add GTK to crosstool-NG. GTK is *not* a system
> library and does *not* belong to the toolchain. You have to build it
> yourself.

100% ACK. It absolutely makes no sense to put arbitrary libraries
into the toolchain. Remember: CT only creates the toolchain (and of
course the target's libc), nothing more.

If you look for some crosscompile'able build system, maybe my
"Briegel" buildsystem might be interesting for you - it'll be
released as opensource shortly.

cu