support for old kernels/glibc's

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Sun Dec 19 17:21:00 GMT 2010

Enrico, All,

On Sunday 19 December 2010 18:07:49 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I'm currently working on some embedded environment which still
> uses very outdated packages, and I'd like to do a slow transition
> to recent toolchain and packages. For now I would have to update
> glibc and linux-kernel just for using a recent toolchain - I'd
> like to get around that and do smaller steps.
>
> Is there any support for versions older than currently visible
> in recent ct-ng config menu ?

Did you enable OBSOLETE in the 'Paths and misc options' menu?
If the version you want does not appear with OBSOLETE turned on, then
it means it is not available.

Besides, OBSOLETE versions are deemed to disapear in the next stable
release, unless someone steps in to volunteer maintaining that version
to be working.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.