patch for crosstool-ng to allow easier use of 3rd party patches

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Sat Dec 18 22:27:00 GMT 2010

Heiko,

[Please CC the list next time.]

On Saturday 18 December 2010 22:19:36 Heiko Zuerker wrote:
> attached you find a patch for crosstool-ng 1.9.1.
> It removes the -F1 from the patch command, since it prevented a lot of
> patches from being able to be applied (namely the Gentoo gcc patches).
> In addition to that, I added some code which detects with -pX level is
> required to correctly apply the patch.

Nope. I do not want to rely on magic when applying the patches. They have
to be applied as -p1 patches.

If you have a set of patches that do not apply with -p1, then you can have
a look at scripts/patch-rework.sh. It's purpose is exactly that: transform
a patchset of non-p1 patches into -p1 patches.

It is not documented, but the API is:

where:
  basedir       points to the extracted component to patch
  src           points to the existing patchset to transform
  dst           points to the directory where to put transformed patches
  diff_opts     optional options to pass to diff

Then, once your patchset has been transformed, you can put it into your
local patch directory.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.