where is built-in specs located?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Sat Dec 18 04:17:00 GMT 2010

On 12/17/2010 08:55 AM, Sathishkumar Duraisamy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have build tool chain using crosstool-ng 1.90.  I don't know much
> about internals of tool chain. Can you please clear my doubts:
I guess you are referring to gcc's 'specs'

> 1. Where is built-in specs located?
It's built-in into gcc - Hence the name :)

If your question actually is "how to retrieve/print it?" to possibly
modify it: gcc -dumpspecs

> 2. Can we change it?
You can supply an external one.

C.f. gcc --help
(-specs=<file>)

> Does it create any problems?
Well, not if you know what you're doing.

There are _rare_ special cases when overriding the build-in specs makes
sences, but in most occasions it doesn't.

Ralf