Link error libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `___tls_get_addr'

William Wagner will_wagner@carallon.com
Wed Dec 15 10:56:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I have built a i686 toolchain with crosstools 1.9.1. It consists of
binutils 2.20.1, gcc 4.4.4, uClibc 0.9.30.3 (configs attached)

The toolchain builds fine but when I try to link a c++ application I get
an undefined reference to ___tls_get_addr

As I understand it uClibc using linuxthreads (which I am using) does not
support tls so gcc should have been built with --disable-tls

Looking through gcc.sh I can not see an option to disable tls, am I
missing something?

Does anyone have a working x86 + uClibc + C++ config working I could use?

I can post the build log somewhere if it would be useful.

Thanks
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner@carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA